Reporting on the Latest Frauds, Scams, Fake Lotteries, Spams and Hoaxes
Russian Women Dating Scams Exposed
Beautiful Russian Woman Want to Fall te Love With You. or Your Money?
Are you considering finding a Russian wifey, corresponding with a Russian woman, using a Russian dating agency, already bot scammed or just want to be sure that your verslaggever and relationship is genuine? Then read on, and find out about the bizarre world of the Russian online dating. Things are not always what they seem!
What is the scam?
There are many scams, here are some of the top ones:
- The Russian woman is not the one te the photos you receive.
- The Russian woman (or man posing spil a woman) has no intention of dating or marrying you, she just wants you to send money or airline tickets.
- The Russian woman is just interested ter a green card, you she will divorce you spil soon spil she receives it (Two years after marrying you and arriving ter the US)
Let’s look at thesis te more detail:
1. She’s not the person ter the photos.
This is a ordinary scam, and happens ter all internet dating, not just The Russian sites. The photos may be of a prototype or friend and the description may be bogus, too. The photos may simply be downloaded from someone’s huis webstek. She hopes that merienda you have invested time and money getting to know hier, you won’t mind she’s not spil youthfull, pretty or educated spil she had claimed. Often, the photos belong to an international photo monster. (And if your photo shows up te any scams, here, or on other websites, let us know so wij can eliminate it or help te the process!)
Two. She’s Just After Your Money
Just like the Nigerian letterteken scams and the fake lotteries, there is often no verdadero woman wanting to meet you, it is just a scam to get you to send money (for many different reasons: translations, agency commissions, to pay fees, sick brother, etc) or airline tickets. The airline tickets can lightly be exchange for contant, so don’t think that sending tickets buys you any protection. Often the scammers use established dating sites, like Match.com. There is generally no woman even involved, and the scammers may even be te the US, see this story ter the San Diego News:
Three. She’s Verdadero, and Will Marry You. But Divorce you Within Three Years
Life te Russia is no picnic. Except for the those at the top, life is generally very hard. Of course, many people would love to live ter the westelijk, so she’ll marry you. but after receiving hier green card, she’ll divorce you. And then send for Mikhail, hier bf/hubby, who’s bot waiting back ter Russia. There’s presumably no way you can guard against this – anyone who is patient can perpetuate this scam anywhere.
Examples of scam emails
What to Do If You Want to Date a Russian
- Don’t assume ANYTHING. Don’t assume the photos, names or stories are positivo.
- Take your time, the scammers are impatient and will ",fall te love", with you within a few emails.
- Do NOT use unknown agencies and agents! Use trustworthy, well-established agencies for meeting women and arranging trips. One webstek lists many of the scammers – Click here for an alphabetized list of Russian dating scammers. There are a few legitimate ones. CFR does not endorse any (wij toevluchthaven’t got the time to research them) but wij hear that this one is ok: www.elenasmodels.com
- Do NOT send money for visas and tickets! Go to the woman’s country and meet hier there, te a very public place.
Names used by scammers ter the examples on this pagina and others often belong to vivo people and businesses who often have no skill of strafgevangenis connection to the scammer’s use of their name and information. Sample scam emails and other documents introduced on this webstek are positivo copies of the scam to help potential victims recognize and avoid it. You should presume that any names used and introduced here te a scam are either fictitious or used without their legitimate holder’s permission and have no relationship to any person or business that also shares that name, address, phone number or other identifying information.